- All unauthorized motorized vehicles are excluded from all sections of the trail. Motorized wheelchairs are permitted.
- Stay to the right.
- Carry out what you carry in! Litter receptacles are provided only in high traffic parking areas and where there are picnic tables.
- Do not disturb wildlife or make fires.
- Smokers should not dispose of butts or ashes into the forest.
- Vandalism and graffiti should be reported to the town at (860) 870-3520. Please state if there is any material that some people would find objectionable. Timeliness is important. Immediate removal discourages future like action.
- Vernon trails are not restricted to Vernon residents.
- Obey posted signs.
- Please be courteous to others at all times.
- Leash laws are in effect in Vernon (Ordinance #233). Dog owners should have their dog on a leash and under their control at all times. Twenty-five dollar fine for each violation.
- Pooper Scooper laws are in effect in Vernon (Ordinance #232). Dog owners shall remove all feces deposited before leaving the immediate area. Twenty-five dollar fine for each violation.
- Horses are allowed on Rails to Trails and Valley Falls but not allowed on the pure hiking sections.
- Allow horses to pass.
- Owners are responsible for their animal’s safe control at all times.
- Riders should pass other trail users with verbal warning and extreme caution.
- Clean up any manure.
- Bicycles including mountain bikes are allowed on Rails to Trails, but are restricted from Valley Falls and all other hiking trails.
- Stay to the right side of the trail except for passing.
- Ring a bell or speak to announce your presence to others.
- Slow down and use care around others.
- Wear a helmet!
- Ski on right side.
- Announce your presence to others.